Hello all, I am finally signed up and part of the group. Enjoying all the points and topics so far. I agree with most everything I am reading so far too. I believe some of what I'm hearing is :
1) Numbers make a church.
2) Gospel preached in church then and now is important.
3) Missions and conversions is a measure.
In this age of the mega-church as the gold standard, I believe there are some (although not likely the norm) see church multiplication and planting as maturity and growth. It seems to be the vision that the cup so runneth over that it spills out new churches. I think that is what the group from Seattle that we are hearing about at Calvary (Dr. Jan Hettinga's? churches) sees as the standard.
It seems that so few churches are devote to growing believers in their faith, through discipleship, accountability, and strength through a growing relationship with Christ. It becomes more about when is the next program or when is the Church holiday is coming. I do believe that churches need to focus on bringing new believers to faith and growing believers in their faith to be a healthy, mature and growing churches. When these are happening church planting is a nature step as it was in the first century church
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally agree with you Mike. Honestly,until I joined CEFC I never even gave church planting a thought. To me it seems to come down to two forms of Evangelism:
1. Grow (establish the exsisting church, or in our case Calvary/Berian, and
2. Plant new churches.
Both serve the Gospel directive, and both compliment each other.
Post a Comment